So for October, there is this thing artists do called “Inktober.” Inktober is where an artist draws a new picture for each day of October, corresponding with that day’s theme. My brother did it last year and I thought it would be fun for me to do the same thing… but mine would be little short stories for the theme. Alas, October was half way over before I realized it and I missed my opportunity.
I have recently started watching this lady on YouTube who makes soap on her channel “Royalty Soaps” and she does “12 days of SoapMas” and thought that perhaps I could so something similar here! I am in the middle of my Christmas sewing, so I don’t think short stories are going to work out, so I shall grace you with my favorite thing to do: Lists!
When I was in middle school, I was positively in LOVE with quotes, in fact I would go on GoodReads.com and make quote print-outs to stick on the outside of my binders at school, and change them for each season. As I have grown up, I have gotten away from my search for the best quote, but do occasionally lurk around and muddle through some. So keeping up with our theme of “12 Days,” here are 12 Quotes that would have appeared on my middle school binder.
- “Who knew that the path to a woman’s heart was through the soul of an honest man?” Melissa De La Cruz
- “It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.” Suzanne Collins
- “And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time.” Libba Bray
- “Angry people are not always wise.” Jane Austen
- “There are no safe choices. Only other choices.” Libba Bray
- “This is my depressed stance. When you’re depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you’ll start to feel better. If you’re going to get any joy out of being depressed, you’ve got to stand like this.” Charles M. Schulz
- “Life’s not easy for unicorns, you know. We’re a dying breed.” Meg Cabot
- “When you are drowning you don’t think, ‘I would be incredibly please if someone would notice I’m drowning and come and rescue me.’ You just scream.” – John Lennon
- “I did not attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” Mark Twain
- “Funyuns make you fart … Funyuns give you bad breath too. Not very attractive to the ladies” Jessica Verday
- “You’ve got about as much charm as a dead slug.” Suzanne Collins
- “The peace sign is with two fingers, not one.” Meg Cabot